ASDEF works with well-defined strategic objective including the following
- To Enhance access to equity and quality of education for children in ASAL regions- (Education Outcome Area).
- To strengthen the livelihood resilience, including the establishment of alternative food security systems among the poor /marginalized communities in ASAL areas. (Resilience building and Livelihoods Development)
- Strengthening the capacities of vulnerable women and youth on livelihoods development through community participation in decision making. (Resilience building and Livelihoods Development)
- To contribute towards improved health and quality of life and reduce poverty levels through provision of water and sanitation services on a sustainable basis (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Outcome Area)
- To promote the improvement of sustainable Nutritional intake, Household food Security and climate-smart farming.
- To promote health needs as well as the general well-being of the Poor in ASAL areas
- To promote quality education and equal learning opportunities among poor communities to improve communal limberness in accessing information for sustainable development and peaceful co-existence.
- To promote the protection of human rights, dignity through the provision of quality water, sanitation and conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity which are crucial to social and economic development to our communities.
- To develop the institutional capacity of ASDEF to ensure organizational sustainability (Institutional development and strengthening)
- To strengthen resilience of communities against violent extremism