Mission, Vision & Core Values
African Social Development Focus (ASDEF) vision statement is to enable Pastoralist Community to hold the power to create sustainable opportunities for themselves
To improve on the living standards of the disadvantaged groups in ASAL Areas through transformation of their aspirations and potentials into positive and productive lives.
Guiding Philosophy / Core Values
- Transparency and accountability – We are open in our all our work and we endeavor to live a life beyond reproach, always.
- Commitment and service to community – We take service to humanity as a calling and a higher purpose.
- People centeredness – Our interventions are aimed at delivering lasting impact in people’s lives.
- Integrity – We uphold the highest level of honesty in our engagements.
- Professionalism – We strive to be professional in all our engagements.
- Equity and respect for human rights – We hold that all individuals are equal and should be accorded the dignity and worthiness that they deserve.
- Cooperation and partnerships: we work with various stakeholders and actors – community, county and national governments, development sector actors, faith-based organizations, among others, in our interventions.
- Focus: To realize meaningful results, ASDEF shall only engage in value adding initiatives that address felt community needs based on its expertise and capacity
- Responsibility: ASDEF aspired to build on and maintain its reputation as a conscientious, dependable/bankable and trustworthy organization