Education & Protection
ASDEF strive to help vulnerable and excluded children, particularly girls, grow up equally valued and cared for and free from discrimination by promoting free and equal access to education for all children by working with their families, communities, county and national government. We work towards ensuring transparency and accountability to decision making process towards realizing children rights. ‘
To achieve meaningful results there is also need to build the capacity of the communities to appreciate not only education but also the fact that development and the future is in their hands. ASDEF has developed strategies to address these issues and hopes to achieve the following key results to attain it is ultimate education and protection goal
The objective of the program is thus to improve school performance and increase access, retention and transition at all educational levels through support to
- Sound school management/governance,
- Provision of quality education,
- Suitable pastoralist education policies and mainstreaming of children with special needs into formal education.
- Collaboration with line ministries and other stakeholders;
- Community sensitization and active engagement on education matters.
- Lobby and advocate for pastoralist friendly education policies
- Improving learning facilities
- Protect the right of children and advocate for children rights
- Eradicate FGM practices among girl child among rural communities